Tuesday, July 14, 2015

+ 365 Days 188 - 195

So I havent been on here for over a week for several reasons:

1. SKY - I really dislike them right now every evening they seem to be cutting my net it only goes off for a few minutes at a time but it happens repeatedly and lasts between 2-15 mins - as I use my net in the evening and quite late night I am finding it very frustrating

2. My sister's father died (half sister different dads) so I have been looking after H - H who has been pretty poorly and required all my energy and attention

3. My brother is over from China

4. My laptop battery burned out and I had to buy another one and wait for it to arrive it only took 3 days but still no laptop for 3 days - nightmare how do people cope with just their phones and tablets?

5. My mum has been unwell with a really bad neck and back and unable to walk!

Anyways due to the above reasons I havent been online really - I have had one hell of a week and I have to say in all honesty the positive for the entire week - is Thank F$&* it's over! and I rarely use the f word but this week? it deserves it!

Day 188 - Tuesday

Work was fine, came home put on laptop - strange burning smell, battery burnt out. Found a new battery on ebay on my phone but couldnt remember my password after about 2 hours I managed to get into my account and order a battery with 48 hr delivery at a cost of £20 - not too bad

Today's positive - having last week finally added a phone number to my ebay account meant I could get the security stuff sorted as to be honest I forgot my email password too!

Day 189 - Wednesday

Got to work - got a text M's dad has died can you get a half day, drive to DeadEnd (Bridgend) and collect her - shes staying with us a couple of days! Well mum was unwell so got the time off work agreed took annual leave for wed and thurs - already had al booked for friday as we were due to go to the spa break I won!

Collected H from her mum's place (my sis had already gone and left her with J her big bro aged 24 who was super keen for us to take her and go!)

Got her home - checked her bags and my sis in her blind panic over her dad hadnt packed anything appropriate - no baby wipes, a tee and shorts and a vest and leggings, no coat, no cardi or jumper!

I went online to a local freebie sites and put up a post and happily some of my friends responded and offered a coat and cardi for her.

H was very grumpy and miserable - I had to bath her - she literally screamed throughout and then screamed some more for about 2 hours after I put her to bed :(

Today's positive - kind friends on freebies who offered items to save me buying her new stuff

Day 190 - Thursday

H seemed a bit peaky and upset today and missing her mum

Collected some bits from my friend from freebies for H including a swimming ring and some swim nappies a coat and cardi and a little bucket and spade set :)

My sis decided we would keep her for the weekend - called the hotel who said yes she could come without charge and they would put a cot in the room. Called the pub we had the groupon deal with who confirmed yes she could come along and they had a kids menu.

Went shopping, picked up some food bits for the trip - during shopping H was screaming (this is a familiar theme)

H then pooped the first time since we had her yuck - changed her when we got home to find the worlds hardest brightest yellow poop ever - deffo something not right!

On the plus side she settled to bed with only an hours screaming which was an improvement

Today's positive was the hotel and pub/restaurant being so accommodating for our trip tomorrow

Day 191 - Friday

Yep knew H was peaky and summat wasnt right yesterday - this morning she projectile vomited everywhere - think the exorcist and your close and cried and grizzled and screamed and cried some more. I was worried so I called my GP who called me back and said they would take her on a temp patient and to bring her down for an appt.

Took her to the GP who said she had a tummy bug and as severely constipated :( prescibed some movicol and said we could take her with us if we wanted on the trip but that she might be in pain and once the meds worked she might have the runs - GREAT!!!

Discussed with mum and decided to cancel our trip - didnt want to risk it as at least in Cardiff I know how to access services should H get worse.

Got home with her meds and gave her the first sachet - she continued to cry pretty much all day

Called the hotel who cancelled my booking but weren't sure if I could rebook as it was a freebie I won :( Wont find out until Monday now if we can still go or not

Contacted the pub and cancelled our reservations for dinner

Contacted groupon and got my money refunded

Fed H another sachet - still no movement

Around 4 pm H fell asleep when she woke an hour later she woke screaming and rubbing her belly - she continued to scream for 3 hours - during which time I decided to go buy her some calpol and a new dummy which we had somehow lost and some more baby apple juice.

I also picked up some MaccyD's for us and a happy meal for her (made them cook her fries separately as I didnt want her to have a load of salt on them) Got home and she had started to calm down a bit and she ate her fries and drank another bottle of juice but kept rubbing her belly.

Gave her calpol which she did not like and spat in my face....twice! managed to get about half the recommended dose into her along with a 3 sachet of movicol (she can have up to 8 but we started less)

Decided if she didnt settle or woke up crying we would take her to out of hours - happily she settled and went to sleep

Mum's birthday tomorrow and I feel exhausted and awful that I had to cancel her birthday treat :(

Today's positive - getting an appt with GP and meds which will hopefully make H feel better

Day 192 - Saturday

Today is mum's birthday - I text my sister and asked her to come stay with H for a few hours so I could take mum out for a meal which she agreed to.

Mum loved her pressies and H slept in til 10 am which was lovely - all that screaming must have worn her out.

Gave her another sachet of movicol as still no movement and she didnt want to eat anything.

Around 2pmish a really really foul smell arose - I mean it was toxic - movicol had finally done it's job but boy what a nappy urgh still feel sick thinking about it - how could a small child produce so much poop I have no idea! It was like almost glowing bright yellow and required her butt in the sink to clean her off.

After this she seemed a lot more cheerful and was running around playing with Jac - she still wasn't eating anything but drinking plenty.

My sis was supposed to arrive at 4 but didnt get here til 5 and by this point H was all happy and my sis was acting like whats the big deal she's fine!

Me and mum went to a local pub for food - we were gonna go to TGI's and use some vouchers I won but I couldnt face driving there knowing I would have to take my sis back to her dad's place after so we stayed local. Was lovely to have a few hours away from H which sounds horrible but after nearly 48 hours of non stop screaming, crying and grizzling a break was needed.

When we got back my sis had given her a pack of sweets to eat! which were stuck all over my sofa, to my chest and floor - thanks!

H had another stinky nappy while we were out which was so bad that again my sis had to pop her in the sink - glad I missed that one!

My sis decided that she would take H back with her to her dad's for the night so we all packed in the car and I drove them there.

Made arrangements with my bro to go back tomorrow as he had a load of things he wanted to store in our attic as he has to clear their dads place out and he cant take them all back to china with him. Loaded the car up with a bunch of boxes and drove home.

Unloaded the car and collapsed in a heap! tried to play some world of war craft but sky kicked me off so many times I gave up :(

Today's positive - a nice meal out with mum and H's meds working so she was happier

Day 193 - Sunday

Slept in til noon - literally. Got up to find texts from my sis and bro  - when are you coming down - I had already told them yesterday I wouldnt be down til 3ish - showered, tidied my room and headed out.

When I got there I had to load H and my sis in the car and then piled more boxes around them before coming back home - when we got here my bro was quite content to sit and chat I literally had to nag him to come and put the stuff in the attic as it was clogging my room. We got everything up and my other nieces turned up so we all just sat and chatted and had some family time.

Today's tea was cheese and tomato pizza for my bro and niece (veggies) with chippy chips and sausage and chips from the chippy for the rest of us - I have been so unhealthy last few days I can feel the weight creeping back on!

My bro and sis really didnt want to leave but I had to make them as I have work tomorrow morning so I packed them all in the car and took them back to their dads place.

Again coming home to chill and play WoW but again sky wasnt having any of it!

Today's positive - it was nice to have family time and catch up - I havent seen my bro for a long time so was nice to hear about his life in China and his wife and stuff.

Day 194 - Monday

Got up, dragged myself to work where my manager took one look at me and said you can take some annual leave if you want and go home early as you look exhausted - I must have looked crappy - sorted some work bits out and came home and lunch time and went to bed and pretty much slept for hours.

Had a letter through from hospital to say I finally have an appt to be seen by ENT - hopefully this tumor in my ear is nothing nasty - they appt isnt until 11th August but I am happy I will be seen soon :)

Had tea and went back to bed and thats pretty much it!

Today's positive - catching up on missed sleep!

Day 195 - Tuesday (Today - finally caught up!)

Today was work, work and more work - managed to get mostly caught up from last week which was good.

The hotel from the weekend confirmed I could rebook my stay so it's now been booked for my birthday in November as there is no other time we can go as we have our hols soon (7 weeks tomorrow!) and there's no way I can get any time off work before then.

After work I took a 4 hour nap - my blood glucose readings where pretty high too but not a surprise as I ate 3 malteaster bunnies! There is no excuse for it - I just cannot be trusted with chocolate when I am feeling a bit down!

I spent about 2 hours online tonight searching for shorts for my uncle - he is a big guy and I ordered him some from sports direct which were 4xl but they are too small for him (in fairness I think they are generally a very small size as waist seems to be around 38-40 which is normally a xl or 2xl) have to say I am really unimpressed with sports direct online - you have to pay like £4.99 p&p charges and you also have to pay return postage charges too - total rip off - will not be using them again! Other companies normally charge you p&p but then offer free returns! Anyways found some okay 3/4 combat style cotton trousers on ebay brand new for £9.99 plus £1.99 p&p - as well as the size they included the waist size in the description so got a pair in 5xl for my uncle - if they are a bit loose he can always wear a belt! If they fit okay and he is happy with them when they arrive I will get him another pair before the holidays - it is difficult to find clothes that will keep him cool in his sizes without paying a fortune for them - must places only go up to 3XL which is too small but the ones that do the bigger sizes are charging £30+ for a pair of shorts which is ridiculous I know you use more material but as you can get the same shorts for £5 elsewhere its a total rip off against bigger people! Also he is nearly 70 so there are only a few styles he will wear plus he wants them to be down to or over his knees ack. Anyways hopefully he will like these ones I have coming and everything will be good.

So today's positive is the hotel honouring my stay and rebooking it for a later date for me -  have to say I have had nothing but great customer service from the hotel and cant wait to stay there now :)

So yes that's been my week - I haven't put my book review up, I have done hardly any comping, I have done a LOT of cleaning up of sick, poop, pee, etc all my plans were ruined but at least it's over now and this week has to be better :D




No comments:

Post a Comment